● Lunch: FISH, California Blend, Mandarin Oranges, and Milk
1. The Girls' Varsity Track & Field team traveled to South Knox last night to take on the Spartans and the Loogootee Lions. The Jug Rox finished second in the meet, beating their cross-county rivals by 40 points! Here are your ribbon winners: Zetta Gore - 1st place discus, 4th place high jump, 2nd place shot, 2nd 400m relay. Lori Albright - 4th place discus. Maggie Shaw - 1st long jump, 1st place high jump, 2nd 100m hurdles, 1st place 300m hurdles. Amber Fields - 3rd place long jump, 4th place 100m dash, 2nd 200m dash, 2nd 400m relay. Chloe Spencer - 4th place long jump, 2nd 400m relay. Dejah Watson - 3rd place shot, 2nd discus. Katrina Sipes - 3rd 100m hurdles, 2nd 400m relay. Please give them a high five when you see them.
2. There will be track practice tonight to get ready for our meet on Monday in Orleans. Practice will end at 4:15.
3. Holiday World permission slips will be handed out today at the PRIDE store during your lunch. You must have one turned in, in order to attend the trip, which will be on May 12th.
4. Coach Howell and Coach Kelsey will be hosting lunch for incoming young ladies that will be playing high school basketball next season, on May 11th. We will be discussing upcoming plans and schedules for the summer months. Also, we will be having our ball signing from our sectional runner up team as well. So, Seniors please plan on stopping by as well. We look forward to seeing you all that day. Be sure to bring your schedules with you as we plan things out!
5. Today is the deadline for anyone who is eligible for the student athletic leadership team to turn in your forms. Forms must be turned in to the athletic office no later than 3PM.
6. On May 2nd, ALL Sophomore girls need to report to Mrs. Kerr's room at 9:00 AM.
7. Any Senior who has not turned in a Senior Bio and/or picture to Mrs. Hovis for the Shoals News needs to do so ASAP!
8. Junior High dance tonight!
9. "The Shoals Jr/Sr High School annual Talent Show will be on Tuesday, May 23rd at 1:00. If you are interested in participating, please pick up a form from the office. Applications are due by May 17th! Contact Alex Tedrow or Mr. Sherfick for more details..."
10. Anyone interested in attending the, "Dare to Dream," CTE and Career Fair at Westgate on May 4th from 5-8, see the flyer outside the office for more details. There will be pizza and door prizes!
11. Are you a girl who will be in junior high or high school next year? Would you like to be a cheerleader? Then mark Wednesday, May 3 on your calendars. There will be a lunch meeting in Mrs. Turpin's room 504 on that date.
12. There will be no Jr high GIRLS track practice tonight.
Pride Expectation of the Day!!!
Let a smile be your umbrella; also, let an umbrella be your umbrella.
Quote of the Day
It's Friday, Friday
Gotta get down on Friday
Everybody's lookin' forward to the weekend, weekend. -Rebecca Blackimit